CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Casserole #7: Sweet Potato Casserole

I ate dinner with my brother and sister in law last night and at eight pm realized I'd have nothing for lunch the next day because of it. So I decided to make a super quick sweet potato casserole. It's insanely easy.
Get a big can of yams and drain all the syrup off before placing in a smaller sized casserole dish.

Then add brown sugar, cinnamon and maple syrup. If you like things sweeter add a bunch, if not just use a little.
Then put at least two big pats of butter on top and stick it in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
After it's cooked pull the dish out and sprinkle marshmallows on top, put the dish under the broiler so they'll brown and melt.
When it's done it'll be bubbly and brown like this. Delicious. Eli's had this and obviously loves it so it's very toddler friendly.
Last night while I was cooking I was tending to this nasty new cough he has. The poor little man was so miserable that eventually I just brought him down and we slept on the couch together.
Before the sleeping I rewarded myself with a piece of pumpkin roll and a glass of whole milk. It made dealing with a sick kiddo entirely more bearable.

1 comments:

Shell said...

(((((Feel Better Soon Eli)))))



p.s.- that casserole looks mighty scrumptious. ;P