CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Casserole #3: Tuna Noodle Casserole

Last night I made Tuna Noodle Casserole which is one of my very favorite things in the entire world. This is my tried and true and tasty recipe.

Ingredients:
2 or 3 cans of chunk white tuna in water
1 bag egg noodles
1 bag frozen veggies (usually i use peas, last night it was peas and carrots)
1 can cream celery soup
1-1/2 cups milk depending on how creamy you want it
pepper & salt
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
2 tbsp butter
1 cup flavored bread crumbs
1 tsp olive oil


Cook your egg noodles in salted water with a little olive oil, drain and set aside
In large bowl mix cream of celery soup, milk, pepper and drained tuna--I use a lot of pepper because I prefer it to all other spices
Then add in frozen veggies (no need to thaw they'll cook in the oven) and stir well.
Finally add in noodles and mix everything together very very well, if you think it needs more sauce add a bit more milk
In a separate bowl melt butter
Add the breadcrumbs to the melted butter and stir well
In a shallow 9x13 casserole dish spread tuna noodle mixture
Sprinkle cheese on top of mixture
Spread breadcrumb mixture on top
Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes

Again my pictures are backwards, but it's only two this time.
Eli's portion, which he hate every bit of, he LOVES tuna casserole.

Yum yum, the bread crumb layer is very thin even though you can't tell in this picture. Too many breadcrumbs is a bad thing. This time I used Corn Flake Crumbs but usually it's just Italian seasoned crumbs, I was out.

1 comments:

Shell said...

Hmm... we always use Cream of Mushroom soup... I wonder how different it tastes with Cream of Celery?