CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Casserole #6: Banana Bread Chocolate Pudding Casserole

Yesterday morning I decided to make a cheater casserole. It's cheating because I used box stuff.

Ingredients:
1 box Trader Joe's banana bread mix
1 ripe banana
1/4 stick butter
1 box chocolate pudding mix
butterscotch topping

Basically you should follow the instructions on the back of the banana bread box. Use the recipe where you substitute a banana for the oil, but also melt down a 1/4 stick of butter.

Mash your banana in with the melted butter and resist the temptation to eat that with a spoon.
Stir everything very well. The box says you need a mixer but my wooden spoon worked just fine.
Grease your pan with butter. Do it.
Delicious banana-y batter goes into the oven.
While the bread is baking make your instant pudding. I used whole milk because that's the only milk we drink.

I adore chocolate pudding. Stephanie and I used to make boxes of this and eat it for late night snacks while watching an infomercial for a best of the 80's CD collection.
Perfect bread
Take that perfect maybe kind of healthy bread and spread your chocolate pudding over it.
Then take butterscotch ice cream topping (I'm currently in possession of two jars because I show hoarding tendencies) and drizzle it across the top of the pudding.
Feel free to use a heavy hand when you do this.
Cover it with foil and stick it in the fridge to set.
I had this for breakfast. It was delicious. I'm sure that toddlers would love it but we try to give Eli as little sugar as possible so he won't be trying it. I'll make it for him again when he's older. Then send him to grandma's for the night.

0 comments: