CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 01, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Elijah

One year ago today I was in labor, at home, trying to wait as long as possible to go to the hospital. I also didn't want to miss Grey's Anatomy. One year ago I did not know what Eli looked like or sounded like or how much I would love him and how all consuming that love would be. Now I know.

May I present to you Elijah- a year in pictures (severely condensed)

At first he looked like this, not smooshed at all because i pushed him out like a champ.


At 4 days old it was already clear that he was the best looking baby in town

He loved daddy, a lot.

Sometimes he liked to play with my bra.


Sometimes he went a little cross eyed.
He started wearing cloth diapers and got vaccines


He fell in love with a stuffed monkey named Dangles.

We celebrated our first mother's day. Eli wore a funny hat.


He found his feet and decided they were excellent toys.


He learned about playgrounds and swings and fun in general.


He went to a Pirates game and didn't get too upset when they lost


He rooted for the Steelers and didn't get too upset when they lost either.

He dressed up like a monkey


He took a lot of naps with daddy, less with mommy.


He met Santa and was not entirely pleased about it.


He learned to crawl and cruise and play and brush ladies hair.



He got heartbreakingly adorable.


6 comments:

Mommytojacknjas said...

aww happy 1st birthday :) he is def soooo cute!!!-beth

shawnee said...

Emily!! He is the cutest little monkey baby ever :*) And monkey baby in a nice way of course! I call my girls my monkeys, and I know how much you heart them ;)

Lauren said...

Oooh I love the one year montage! I have loved watching him grow. He definitely is the cutest baby in town. Happy Birthday Eli!

Shell said...

Awww :) Happy Bday Eli! The year's pix were awesome. I might steal your idea. LOL

Shari said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!!!
I loved the trip down memory lane!

Bonnie said...

HA! Emily, he's so handsome, but you already know that ;o)
Happy Birthday Elijah!!!