CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 07, 2008

Zoo!

Yesterday the weather was miraculously beautiful; which was good since it was Eli's first trip to the zoo. We went with Aunt Suz and her friend Bridget who has a little girl who's only two weeks younger than Eli. Bridget is also eight months pregnant with baby number two (cue Emily's rampant baby fever). Our zoo is a really nice one and normally is not too busy and very kid friendly. Unfortunately yesterday everyone in the greater Pittsburgh area had the same idea as us and the zoo was a mad house; I think Eli still had a good time.


Yesterday at about ten I went up to take a shower and when I came down Eli and daddy were napping on the couch. It was too sweet to not take a picture of.
Eli arrives at the zoo and gets strapped in.

Look Eli a peacock! The peacocks roam free and one also took a nap in some foliage by us when we were lunching on overpriced zoo food.
Eli during said overpriced lunch, he LOVES pineapple. He also loves to get his shirt so wet that I have to change his outfit.

Eli, mommy and Aunt Suzanne in front of the polar bear statue. Eli was kind of tired and dazed by the sun at this point.

Eli loved the aquarium, he was much too fascinated by the fish to be bothered to look at the camera.


Polar bears! The polar bears came to the Pittsburgh zoo about a year and a half ago and it's pretty cool, they built a whole new "waters edge" area adjacent to the aquarium to house them and the sea otters. There's an underwater area where you can watch them swim if you're lucky enough to catch them in the water. We weren't that lucky, but oh well.

Eli and the fish again, I'm tempted to get him a fish tank for his room, but I'm pretty sure I'd end up killing them much like the goldfish I had in middle school. Poor James Dean and Jim Morrison I didn't feed them and they had to resort to cannibalism.
Eli and Hannah, this is just to demonstrate scale I'm amazed that there is a baby Eli's age that he's actually bigger than!
Eli, Hannah, Bridget and I. As you can see I'm quite a bit bigger than Bridget; which might explain the difference in size between the babies. Did I mention that Bridget is pregnant, and that I'm terribly jealous.

Eli and Aunt Suzanne. They're so photogenic together.
Tiger! He was hiding in a corner and I had to lean over a ledge to get this picture henceforth I'm proud of it. Besides that he just looks so delightfully touchable. When we got there and saw how busy it was I joked that there must be some sort of promotion going on like the first 100 visitors got a baby tiger--I wish it had been so.



2 comments:

Shell said...

Ahhhhh I'm super jealous! I can't wait to get the boys to the zoo!!

Bonnie said...

Looking through these posts that I've missed I just can't help but want to eat him up!! He's such a doll!