CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Eli Likes To Party

Eli likes to party all night long! Monday night he woke up at 2 am and Jason got him out of bed, took him downstairs and let him play. Till 630 am when I got up for work. Apparently I didn't go over the NEVER TAKE ELI OUT OF HIS CRIB AFTER BEDTIME UNLESS HE'S COMPLETELY INCONSOLABLE rule. Luckily it didn't completely mess up the schedule I worked so hard to implement; but I was frightened.

Carrot souffle. Delicious. Eat it. Eat it all the time.

I've got two rows done on my scarf, not a lot, but they're long rows, but I vow to work on it tonight during the American Idol/Biggest Loser Finale extravaganza. It's a true extravaganza because there will be pizza and apple dumplings. The apple dumplings will be prepared by me, from this recipehttp://http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/apple_dumplings/ now grandma makes apple dumplings, but hers don't contain mountain dew. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Did you notice how much butter that recipe calls for? All my recipes for the next two weeks require a crap load of butter. I bought FOUR boxes of butter during my grocery binge last night. And none of them are for eating like a candy bar.

Mommy making dinner is the time when it's hardest to entertain Eli so I gave him this little sugar jar (empty) to play with. He was entertained for a good ten minutes


But the thrill wore off and he was rattling the already broken gate, it's screwed into the wall where there is no stud and he keeps shaking it lose, so I decided to just let him in the kitchen. Unfortunately I haven't baby proofed the kitchen yet so Eli was having a party in the cupboard where we keep our stock pot/pet food. He got trapped and started screaming shortly after this picture was taken


I couldn't get him to hold still to get a picture in his flame longies, this is the best i could do. They're lovely and adorable.

Mommy and Eli! He's finally started saying mamama again.

And here's another example of me trying to entertain Eli while I cooked. He wouldn't stop screaming while I sliced potatoes so I washed one and gave it to him. I didn't think he'd actually start gnawing on it.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

I just can't get over how much he looks like you Emily!!

Sherri said...

He is so stinking cute!! And I agree with Bonnie, he does look like you:)