CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Mad Genius

Last night Eli displayed not one, but two, new skills. The first being his ability to dance on command like Jennifer Beal doing Maniac in Flashdance, very frenetic and adorable. I'm going to try to get it on video. The second is that he now makes vroom vroom noises while playing with his cars! Who taught him that? Is it some manly instinct? Surely I've said this 100+ times but the kid is a genius!

Of course he's a genius who likes to have mean fit. I've kind of decided that the best course of action is distraction, I'm going to gather an arsenal of pleasing toys to distract him when he starts to go into tantrum mode. I still think it's too early for him to be doing this, an article I was reading today said that it commonly starts around 18 months. Which would make Eli a prodigy in all arenas of life.

In non-Eli news (occasionally I think of other things) I had a fantastic time watching the American Idol finale last night! Highlights included ZZ Top (you know Angela's dad on Bones) performing Sharp Dressed Man with David Cook, Graham Nash singing Teach Your Children Young with that whore Brooke White (the song still choked me up a little), and George-Freaking-Michael! And of course my boyfriend Jason Castro singing Hallelujah, how beautiful is this man!

Now that Idol is over, tear, Suz and I will be watching the British Office on dvd on Tuesdays. After that who knows. There will still be delicious food though, because that's what Tuesday's are all about.

Whip it! Whip it good!
I changed his diaper. And it was tragic.
Look at that stacking!! The talent awes me.
My sweet pudgy guy looking babyish for once.

0 comments: