CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Eli has been throwing hissy fits lately. A lot. Just complete losing your shit meltdowns. I'm not sure what the cause is, but I'm theorizing that it has to do with all the new things he's learning to do and not being able to do them perfect just when he wants to. He's making all sorts of new sounds that aren't quite words so maybe he's frustrated that we just aren't getting what he's telling us. Or maybe he's a sociopath and these are the first inklings of what's to come. The worst thing about these fits is that I have no idea how to deal with them. He won't be comforted, in fact it seems to increase his ire when i attempt to sooth him, and he's started to hit at me. Twice this weekend he knocked the glasses off my face while thrashing at me. My other option is to ignore it and then he hits at his toys or the floor or at the dog. And rarely do the tantrums end in under five minutes. The picture below shows Eli in mid tantrum while his cousin was in a charming mood.
See how he's hitting himself in the head? That drives me crazy! His brain is in there.

On a bright note I had a nice weekend, minus an episode of drunken belligerence after indulging in two Malibu pineapples (usually my limit is one), Eli got to hang out with Aunt Michelle and mommy got to go to her favorite sushi place for dinner. Sunday Eli napped, which is a weekend rarity. He fell asleep on the floor clutching his stuffed rottweiler from Auntie Rhonda. it was very adorable but the pictures on my phone, I'll have to email it myself. We had dinner at Grandma Ros' and young sir had his first taste of corn from the cob:

He was impressed. And he got to keep it until he bit the end of the cob off and choked a little.

Then on the way home I bought a DQ ice cream cake. Because my laptop still doesn't work and dammit if I can't use the internet at home at least I can indulge in a tasty treat.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

I have the same problem over here! It must be a boy thing cuz I don't remember Destiney doing this. Casen hits us too...he also hits his head on things. He'll find the closest thing and bang his head on it which makes him cry even harder. UGH!! I hear ya!!

Shell said...

Must be a boy thing. Both mine do it. Kieran and Declan will smack or punch themselves when they're frustrated, mad or overly tired...

Like right now... Jesus, someone save me. LMAO