CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Church Bells

This is not going to be a cute wedding related post about church bells ringing merrily over someones future happiness. This post is about the lovely old Catholic church a few blocks from my house that rings their bells oh I'd say 30 times at six a.m. every day. It wakes me up, it wakes Eli up, it wakes up everyone but Jason who isn't important in this instance anyway since he'd go right back to sleep. I hate those bells. I want to get rid of those bells. But how does one go about removing a giant bell from a tower on a busy city street? I just keep thinking of that song from Hunchback of Notre Dame where they're saying "bells, bells, bells, bells of Notre Dame!" and they're so in love with their church bells. Did no one in that town have a baby and a bad habit of staying up late reading the Boleyn novels?

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Ughhhh that would drive me crazy!