CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I hope yesterday's good weather

Is enough to sustain me through what's likely to be a month of blah. Today it's pouring rain and we have talk of flooding. Bring back the sun please. Eli and I did make it to the playground last evening and had a very good time. He can be almost hilariously cautious since he started walking; when you put him down he likes to stand for a few minutes to make sure that I haven't dropped him in quicksand or some other unworthy surface. Then he'll start taking a few tentative steps with his hands in the air for balance, my mom assures me I was never as cautious (something I believe) and Jason wasn't either. I guess that's a trait that's Eli's alone. He sort of fell in love with an older girl wearing a pink coat and tried to follow her around; but when he couldn't keep up he just super glued himself to my leg and made a lot of happy squeaking sounds. Yesterday's fake spring got me so excited for when the real nice weather is here to stay, I predict lots of playground trips in our future.

In other news I made a fantabulous tuna casserole last night with tons of peas that both Eli and I (and Aunt Suz) ate with joy and gusto. My cooking resolution is going really well, I'm making another fritatta tonight. Jason thinks we should have a blind cook off where we invite our friends over and each prepare a meal, then let them vote. Of course Jason stipulates that the using of recipes is forbidden "the meal has to just come out of your head". Everything Jason makes he says he invented, be it rustic tomato sauce, pork loin and roasted potatoes or garlic butter shrimp. My co-worker and I have a running joke about this, her boyfriend invented lemon chicken! Imagine the debt our palates owe to that man.

I hadn't uploaded pictures in awhile and I took a ton yesterday. A bunch follow:



One of Eli's new favorite games is for me to stack his alpha blocks up really high so he can knock them down
Unfortunately he sometimes get very upset the second they hit the floor.

Here's Eli wearing his Christmas present from my friends Heather & Erin, it came from San Francisco if you can't tell. We feel it's pretty amazing.
Eli and mama in the backyard yesterday, Eli is watching the dog, you can't see her obviously but Adelaide was running insanely fast circles so happy was she to actually see the grass.
Happy to be hanging out in the backyard.
Testing the ground at the playground. Luckily it stayed firm beneath his feet.
After his very first trip down the slide!
He loved this little dinosaur toy, he figured out how to make it rock all by himself. You know because he's a genius.
Enjoying his after dinner bath, wondering why mama couldn't put the camera down for one frigging second.
I caught him mid-splash. We love the action shots.
Wearing his super duper awesome smurf pants that Shellie made out of an old sheet. She's very talented and I'm officially in search of any retro cartoon bedding for Eli and future babies wardrobes.

Surely I will have 50-100 new photos by next Tuesday.

1 comments:

Shell said...

LOL! How cute! Declan does the same thing with blocks, except his are megablocks. He takes them apart and then cries for me to fix them. Ahhh I love this age. :)