CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 27, 2007

The New Addition

We got a dog! I've missed having a pet since Belvedere passed, and I just got the idea in my head to go to the Animal Rescue League last night after work. Adelaide (they were calling her Victoria, but that didn't suit her) is an Aussie shepherd/cattle dog mix. She came to the pound as a stray, and no one's quite sure where she was at for the first 4-5 years of her life; but she's very sweet and a little shy, and so far appears to be housebroken. Adelaide won't get up on the furniture, despite me urging her to get on up in the bed, and spent the night quietly sleeping on a blanket on the floor. I haven't even heard her bark yet! She doesn't seem overly interested in the baby, just sniffs at him, and she's terrified of Hazel. Which is probably a good thing, because it is Hazel's house and Hazel's family. Jason keeps telling me what a good job I did picking her out, she's a good sweet girl, and I think she's going to be an excellent addition to our growing family.





0 comments: