CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 05, 2008

Subliminal Messages from PBS

Most of you probably know that I religiously sleep with the TV on. Over the years this has lead to some interesting dreams and some pretty messed up nightmares. As a teenager I always slept to Nick-At-Nite since old sitcoms and laugh tracks are conducive to restful sleep and happy dreams. Then when I moved out of my parents house and had no cable and no antenna I'd use movies; more often than naught it'd be Dirty Dancing which is my most favorite lullaby. Now I usually fall asleep to PBS since they don't run the kind of programming that gives a girl with an over active imagination night terrors. Last night they had on some sort of very long show about the history of Stax Records, subconsciously I now know a whole lot about Stax Records. And I've got Otis Redding on perma-play in my head, which is certainly not a bad thing.
If it's ever on when I'm awake I'm going to watch it on purpose and fill in the gaps in my head. I hope tonight they have a show on Spanish for dummies and I wake up fluent so that I can understand my in-laws.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Emily, you're so funny!!