CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

And When I Woke Up I Was At Target Again!

When Eli's babbling away in his baby talk that does not yet resemble words I imagine that a lot of the stories go like this "I got in the car with mom and Aunt Suz and I was in my seat. And it was comfy. I fell asleep. I was dreaming about balls and I made a touchdown and everyone clapped for me and i was so proud because I'm an excellent athlete. And when I woke up I was in Target again!"

The poor kid he's always waking up from car naps to find that he's been deposited in a red cart and mommy's drooling over something she doesn't really need. I wonder if the need to shop is a genetic trait. Time will tell I guess.

I'm feeling a good bit calmer today, I managed to get some rest this weekend--not enough, but when do I ever get enough--and my nerves aren't sitting on the edge of my skin anymore. Eli got some very cute new clothes after a Target spree on Saturday including a robot pullover that is awesome and makes me long for crisp air. Yesterday I got an ethernet cord for a dollar to replace the one my cat chewed through (though according to Jason the cat would NEVER do that! and it must have been Eli) and was delighted to have the use of my internet again.

Here's a few pics of the little monster, he's constantly moving which makes getting good pictures hard which is why I haven't had as many lately.

Eli at the zoo last weekend running running running. My man on the go.

He didn't drink that pepsi but it gives him such joy to carry the bottle around. This is another addition to the collection of strange objects that Eli becomes attached to; why can't he just have a teddy bear like other kids?


Napping like a champ. He woke up super cranky. I gave him teething tablets and tried to bribe him into silence with a dollar. It worked Friday night but had no effect yesterday, someone must have told him our dollar isn't worth much on the world market.


We purchased a twenty dollar ball pit for the young sir. As you can tell from that look on his face he's over the moon about it.


He was in there right up until bedtime last night and got back in first thing this morning. Jason and I are pretty sure it's better than a babysitter.

And this very catchy song is stuck in my head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWmVTbWHgFc&feature=related, I've been humming about Vest Virginia all morning.


2 comments:

Christina said...

I love his shirt and ball pit, too cute. Lmao at Jason. Can you imagine Eli chewing through the cord hahahaha that cracked me up. Btw, our WII cord some how the wires got sliced. I think its one of the cats, too bad they cant replace it with allowence money like the kids lol

Sherri said...

lol Caden loves his soda bottles, too! He's getting so big & handsome:)