CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Dinosaurs and Tricycles

I'm in a slightly better mood today, though still disgusted about several things that I'll quietly stew over without writing them out. It's probably better that way. We had a good weekend and my post is picture heavy, good news for anyone who enjoys looking at Eli as much as I do.
Eli is going to be 20 months old. Truly truly truly a toddler. He does something new every day that keeps me happy to see the next step in his growth.
Saturday morning I was eating an apple and he was very curious as to what I was doing so I thought I'd give him a shot at eating apples like a big boy. He didn't disappoint me.
Eli's very into playing peek a boo. Here he is hiding in his ball pit.
And then triumphantly emerging!

On Saturday I had an overwhelming desire to get out of the house for something besides shopping, after propositioning Suzanne we decided to head to the Carnegie Art and Natural History Museums, http://www.carnegiemuseums.org/, which are housed together.
Eli was very excited when we got there.

There's a very cool graffiti themed exhibit when you first enter, Suz is posing next to the wall which I wish I'd gotten a long shot of.
Here's Camo-Me, my shirt helped.
Tagging Ficus.
This looked very real, when I turned the corner I did a double take.
One wall was covered in these "wish bracelets".
And this installation would appear to be made entirely out of duct tape, it would have impressed my older brother who carried a duct tape wallet when he was younger and thought it the end-all be-all of duct tape.
Eli slept through most of the art galleries but luckily woke up before we headed over to the science half to see the dinosaurs. Pittsburgh has a lot of complete dinosaur skeletons including what was the first complete T-Rex ever assembled. We're awesome like that.
Eli in front of the bird-o-saurus sculpture which was part of dinosaur days, http://www.pbase.com/ralf/dinodays, Jen and I are plotting a photo shoot with Eli and all the dinos some day. Maybe we should wait til Eli can muster up some enthusiasm.
T-Rex! There's actually two set up to look like they're fighting each other but other museum patrons kept me from getting a clean shot.
Triceratops AKA Sara from the Land Before Time.
Prehistoric sea turtle! The plaque informed us that he was a gentle vegetarian. obviously we love him.
Eli in the elevator looking disgruntled, he was good as gold and even a little excited during the dinosaur exhibit but I have to admit he may be a bit young to appreciate the museum.
Ah fresh air, that's what Eli likes. Note his curls, reason number 1 why it'll be a long time til he gets a hair cut.
Yesterday I found this awesome Radio Flyer tricycle in perfect condition for $7 at the Goodwill. Deal of the century.
Eli was into it's old fashioned bell.
His feet don't reach the petals yet but he'll grow into it no doubt. And he looks mighty handsome posing on it.
I actually got to spend some quality time with my husband last night (it's still weird to say husband by the way) which was lovely. He was talking back to John McCain on Sixty Minutes and I was reminded that I never love him more than when he's being liberal. Jason spends so much time watching CNN that he often dreams about the political candidates, for him the end of the election season may be a good thing.



0 comments: