CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Illness, Blackouts, and General Disarray

This weekend did not go as planned. Jason and I were supposed to have a date night Sunday night and then get our marriage license for ye olde courthouse wedding on Monday morning. Unfortunately the little Sir woke up from his nap with a nasty fever and much nastier throwing up on Sunday before he was supposed to go to grandma's house. He was lethargic and pitiful and there was no chance of him being anywhere I wasn't. So, no marriage license at our house. Oh well, we'll get it done someday.

Thankfully Eli's feeling much better. I think the crux of the problem is that he has like a bajillion teeth coming in all at once. I think this because he keeps putting his fingers in his mouth and screaming bloody murder. It's very very sad, babies should not have to experience pain or sickness. The fact that they do is further proof that the world is unjust. Eli did manage to have some fun last evening after being numbed by: infant Motrin, teething tablets, a Popsicle (a rare indulgence) and a cold wash cloth to chew on. He invented two new games; the first of which involved putting all of his animal crackers from their tub into a paper bag and then back again. He did them one by one and was very focused. The kids loves to organize, we may have a Mark Sommers on our hands. The second game was a modified sort of croquet with the flyswatter and his softie ball. To me it seemed a lot more fun than animal cracker storage but who am I to judge.
Eli Saturday morning pre sickness.
Eli yesterday afternoon getting the very last cracker out of the bag.

Then last night around 11 our power went out. Half of my neighborhood was blacked out. You may not know this but I'm absolutely terrified of the dark, I used my cell phone as a flashlight and stumbled outside where a lot of my neighbors were also stumbling around. Thankfully someone lent me a lighter since I literally had 100 tea lights and nothing to light them with. I decided the only way to cope til Jason got home from work was to make it light enough to read. So I lit 32 candles in my living room.



Pretty huh?

Of course the lights came on about fifteen minutes after Jason got home. He said it's because the power company knew he wanted to play his PlayStation. I hope you can feel me rolling my eyes as I typed that.

1 comments:

Shell said...

Isn't that always how it works? All that effort to light the candles and THEN the powers back on... LOL Every time.