CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So, I've been a bad blogger lately and haven't had picture time for awhile, we'll play catch up after all pertinent business is discussed
-Jason and I signed a lease for a new house on Saturday. This place is like 100x nicer than where we currently hang our hats and I've got all appendages crossed that nothing goes wrong this time. I know I've said I was moving like a gazillion times this fall, really starting to feel like the bot who cried wolf.
-I have triumphantly begun Christmas shopping! I never start this early. Usually I like to wait til the Eve and then run around the mall in a flurry and go home for serious wrapping and tagging. But I don't have the energy for that this year, I also can't imagine dragging a baby to the mall on Christmas Eve. My stroller's so large it wouldn't leave much room for other harried shoppers in some stores.
-I'm obsessed with freerice.com, I get to practice my vocabulary and help hungry children
-FlexCar has come to Pittsburgh and I'm really excited about using those instead of purchasing a car. It's good for the environment, good for my wallet and would force me to continue to walk places when a car really isn't necessary.
-If I use FlexCar I can use my tax refund for new living room furniture! The futon we were using as a couch met it's sad end the other night and will be relegated to Jason's basement lair at the new house. His basement lair which also has a bathroom complete with shower. I may never find razor stubble in my sink again : ) Bliss.
-Eli's newest trick is to sing back when you sing to him, this work's especially well with the lalalala part on the Minnie Riperton song Loving You.

Now Pictures of the boy.
This is his Christmas diaper from his "Aunt" Jenna, so cute I couldn't wait til Christmas to put him in it.
Rocking his wool shortie diaper cover, it's like an afghan for his butt, I love it and want to buy a bunch more.
His other diaper from his Aunt Jenna sock monkeys! We love sock monkeys you know.
And his Thanksgiving dipe : ) Gobble Gobble. To celebrate Thanksgiving I think I'm going to give him his first white potatoes.
It's cold enough here now to use the bundle me on his stroller, it's so snug and warm that he generally goes right to sleep when we put him in here.

He's so good at standing up and "cruising" and his balance is improving so that now when he falls he usually lands on his butt.
I bought a mei tei carrier, which we both love. In this picture (which I took myself in the bathroom mirror obviously) we had just come back from a nice long walk during which he fell asleep. I really wish I'd had this when he was smaller and incapable of entertaining himself.
Daddy taught Eli how to take the lid off his cereal puffs! Thanks daddy.
Here he is trying to get to the av cords in the front of the TV, possibly that new living room furniture should include an entertainment center with doors.
This is Eli when he first realized that he could pull himself up to stand. Watching him learn new things is so amazing.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Great to see ya back and blogging, LOL. Good luck with moving. Eli is a cutie pie as always!! :D

Lauren said...

I love the dipes! Your mei tai looks so pretty and comfy!