CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 02, 2007

-I've become resigned to the fact that I live where I live and that for at least the remainder of this year I will continue to live there. It sucks, a lot, but that's how it is. I am zen in regards to my housing situation.
-It's finally started to get cold, Pittsburgh feels like Pittsburgh again.
-Eli had his first Halloween.


This is my friend Suz and I at Jen's party last weekend, we are Ike and Tina Turner. Being Ike Turner is something I've been preparing for for years with repeated viewings of What's Love Got to Do With It.


I was absolutely determined to get Eli to the pumpkin patch, even though I knew he'd have no idea what was going on, I'm a photo-op nut since he was born. So here's Jason and I with the little one on his first hayride on Sunday. See how I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt? I was freezing. My lips turned blue. You can generally count on me to be improperly dressed for most occasions.

Halloween day my sister-in-law and I brought the kiddies into the office in their costumes. Eli's a monkey and Providence is a duck. Cute little guys huh?
Eli after trick or treat, we went to about 6 houses, got a bunch of candy he's not allowed to have (what will I do with it?), and spent the night at Grandma's.

-Last night Jason talked to his mother and she told him they're coming up for Thanksgiving. In fact they're driving up and towing their trailer, which they will be parking and staying in. So, I'm pretty excited that they're not staying with me, but also left with the distinct impression that they're planning on staying for awhile. Pittsburgh is my safe place, I don't want disturbances and unwanted parenting advice in my safe place.

-I'm tired. Stayed up way to late last night to read Empire Falls, which was really really good and ended up someplace I never thought it would at the beginning, but now I'm craving a nap and knowing it's not going to happen. I'll settle for a quiet evening and an early bedtime.


0 comments: