CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday, Monday

I don't know if you're aware but the Pittsburgh Steelers are in the Superbowl this year. This is a BIG deal. When I walk to work I pass houses that have been decorated in support of the team.

I love this window. It makes me smile every morning. I'm going to celebrate the Superbowl by eating. I'm making football food, chicken wings, buffalo dip, potato salad and cornbread. If, God forbid, the Steelers lose at least my stomach will be full of fatty goodness.

Saturday while my landlord was addressing the problems with my plumbing Eli and I went to run some errands with Suz, on the way back Eli fell asleep in his seat. He didn't budge when we brought him in and slept like this for over an hour.
When he does decide he feels like napping he naps hard. Yesterday we both fell asleep for over two hours which was fine with me this weather saps my will to do anything but eat and sleep. Hibernation mode.
My plumbing is finally fixed and I can flush my toilet, run my sink, do dishes and laundry to my hearts content. Unfortunately he had to literally sledgehammer up the cement floor in my basement and I now have two fairly good sized holes down there til he gets back to fill them. My main concern is that bugs are going to get in. Bug invasion terrifies me even when my house is not holy.
I've been getting a lot of reading done and can wholeheartedly recommend The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, American Wife and The Corrections which I haven't finished but already love. There are six more books on their way to me from Amazon, I bought two besides the corrections at Goodwill and I have a few from Christmas waiting to be read. Also I fully intend to buy more with my tax return. The original plan was to buy two more bookshelves, now I'm thinking three might be a safe bet. Have you seen my dining room/library?

0 comments: