CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm Looking Forward

To not having to wear these boots anymore. I want to be able to wear my flats without getting my feet soaked and frozen. There's a few more months yet before that will happen and it's starting to wear on me.



Eli and I have been having a lot more inside time than what we'd gotten used to, luckily this change has coincided with his attention span getting a lot longer. Eli's a movie fan.

Here he's watching Aladdin and clearly something very serious is taking place on screen. The Land Before Time continues to be his very favorite movie; he's started making dinosaur noises and the other day I caught him making the same faces as Sara the tricerotops. Since Eli's so attentive now I've decided it's time for him to see his first movie in the theater! I'll be taking him to see Coraline http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO3n67BQvh0 don't worry, Eli does not scare easily.
The young sir is also enjoying this weather a lot more than any of the grown ups in his life.

The Christmas sled is a hit. I exhausted myself running around the yard pulling him behind me. He was laughing and after a few passes I was gasping for breath. My throat got that raggedy feeling that's reminiscent of running the 60 yard dash in gym class. Mama's out of shape.
This really was the most snow we've had in years and I'm glad Eli had some quality outside time, cabin fever in a not quite two year old is not attractive. This kid has a whine that makes me want to drive a screwdriver into my brain.
My basement plumbing has STILL not been fixed and I get more annoyed every day. I just want to do laundry without going to the laundromat. I despise the laundromat. When I was 20 and lived in the Northside I would put off doing laundry for as long as humanly possible; sometimes I'd buy new stuff to delay the trip longer. But eventually we'd have to go so at two or three a.m. we'd venture to the 24 hour laundromat in Oakland and use a whole row of washers. I always liked those trips once I was there, so warm and the big comfy couches and lots of magazines I'd never read before. The two tiny laundromats in Bloomfield offer none of those charms and there's the added joy of Eli who finds the washers and dryers fascinating but loves to touch everything. All of this rambling is basically to say that if my landlord does not get my plumbing fixed this weekend I'm going to murder him.

0 comments: