CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 01, 2008

For Which I Am Truly Thankful

Thanksgiving went off pretty much without incident. There was only one minor disaster (it seemed less minor at the time) and it will never be repeated as Jason is now banned from using my kitchen. Everything I made was very tasty, especially the stuffing muffins which stole the show. I made them using this recipe http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,194,144164-243194,00.html but I modified it a bit leaving out the bacon and doubling the recipe so that I'd be assured to make the gluttonous amount that is expected of me. Also do you see how the recipe just says softened butter and doesn't specify the amount? Well I guessed high.

I didn't get to go Black Friday shopping, and I'm one of those yahoos who loves to do so, but I went out Saturday evening and got to raid my favorite place on earth, Target. Christmas ornaments were purchased and when the tree gets to my house I'll post pictures of it's silver and blue splendor. I also got Eli's outfit for his Christmas pictures (also to be taken at Target) and let me just say black velvet smoking jacket. Some one's going to look mighty handsome. After shopping we ate at Eat'n'Park and Eli had a very important Pittsburgh moment:
His first smiley cookie!

We only gave him a small piece, that's why he's looking longingly at the wrapped portion. I'm easing up a little but we still don't need toddler on a sugar high at our house.

Eli on Thanksgiving playing with his roasted asparagus. How could I not be truly thankful for the little man in my life?

0 comments: