CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

This Christmas

I know it's kind of obnoxious to admit this but I love Christmas. I love Christmas carols, Christmas movies, Christmas cookies, Christmas shopping, eggnog, mistletoe, Santa and all his reindeer. Sometimes when I am doing something festive I get a tingly feeling. I'm lame. Jason is not Mr. Merry. So, I annoy him and my fear is that Eli will grow up to be a Humbug as well. The only way to prevent this is to make all of his childhood Christmas' spectacular, starting with this one. In this spirit I put up my tiny tree Tuesday night and it is babies first Christmas themed (this is my first themed tree, and a worthy theme it is). Below are pictures.

Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree!
Do not be fooled by Hazel's seeming disinterest, she is the tree's foe. The first year we had her she knocked the tree over 4 times!
Rocking horse ornament that I find charming.
Pacifier ornament, also charming.

The tree is pretty much the extent of my decorating, besides a candy cane candle, a wreath and a Rudolph toy that sings. Next year I'll do more, the plan is to hit the after Christmas sales for cheap decorations. Prices will be slashed! SLASHED!!!

My shopping is still only mostly done, but I'm pretty sure I'll get it done next week and then I can start wrapping. Can't wait to watch Eli rip into presents.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Emily that tree is adorble! I just happen to LOVE Christmas myself!! What a cute idea to have a baby's first Christmas theme!
BTW, Eli is looking handsome as usual in his cute little outfit.